Key Court of Justice of the European Union Decisions of 2013: Interpreting VAT in Europe
8 January 2014, 1.00 pm CET
Host: Daniel Lyons
Presenters: Anbreen Khan and Pascal Schrijver
A number of significant VAT cases were decided by the Court of Justice of the European Union in 2013. What are the implications for your organisation’s approach to VAT? We'll discuss:
- Credit Lyonnais – whether activities of foreign branches should be taken into account when calculating input VAT recovery.
- The European Commission’s challenge to VAT grouping provisions.
- The Commission’s challenge to the application of the tour operators margin scheme.
- Gesellschaft für Börsenkommunikation, Wheels and PPG Holdings – VAT issues for investment funds.
- Paul Newey T/A Ocean Finance – Abuse of rights.
- Other interesting cases of 2013 and for 2014.
Keep up-to-date on the effect of key decisions on the application of VAT law.