Taxation in China: Recent Developments
15 January 2013, 10.00 am CET
Host: Bill Dodwell
Presenters: Simon Tan, David Fallon
After years of exceptionally high growth, China’s economy is starting to slow. However, with the government recognising the need for wide-scale economic and financial reform, there is optimism that China’s economy could be on track for successful long-term growth. What challenges and opportunities will Chinese tax and regulatory reforms bring to your businesses? We'll discuss:
- Options for setting up a business in China.
- China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone.
- Tax treaty developments, including with the UK.
- Foreign exchange reforms.
- Latest developments on indirect share transfers (Circular 698).
Gain insights into tax and regulatory developments in China.