This designer-led training will enable you to get the most out of the data visualization options within IBM Cognos Report Studio. It will also offer you a view on the best-of-breed add-ons for data visualization.
- Learn how to best match the available graph types in IBM Cognos Report Studio to your analytical requirements and your available data. • Discover graph subtypes and options.
- Work on graph layout.
- Discover the difference in working with relational and dimensional data in graphs.
- Improve your list and crosstab layouts.
- Get an overview of the best add-ons for data visualization.
- See how to professionally deliver geo maps, mashups, word clouds and other state-of-the-art visualizations.
1 day, one interactive module of ½ day on data visualization in IBM Cognos Report Studio and one module of ½ day on data visualization add-ons.
Current Cognos Report Studio users wishing to improve their ability to create powerful graphs and/or wanting more insight into available add-on tools for data visualization.
Participants should have knowledge of basic Report Studio authoring, using graphs, lists and crosstabs
- Match your analytical needs to the IBM Cognos Report Studio graphs and to your dataset.
- In-depth discovery of all graph options: color palettes, sizing, tweaking graph axes, etc.
- Conditional styling in graphs.
- Using relational versus dimensional data in graphs.
- List and crosstab esthetics: headers, spacing, pagination, breaking.
- Geographical maps with MapManager versus MapInfo versus SpotOn.
- Adding organization, network and schema maps to IBM Cognos.
- Advanced and experimental visualization using IBM Cognos Many Eyes.
- Embedding your visualizations in IBM Cognos Mashups.
If you want to subscribe for a public training, please select the preferred date below.