This instructor-led training is designed to teach report developers how to optimize Report Studio reports by getting the most out of advanced techniques such as caching, efficient query design, server processing options and other tweaks and tricks. This course will illustrate and teach users how to reduce the generating time of their reports. By doing this, they will not only build faster reports, but they will also allow their company’s IT infrastructure to support more concurrent users by using the IT resources more efficiently.
- Understand and use advanced query options in Report Studio.
- Build queries that use less database resources to resolve.
- Build efficient prompt pages, simples as well as cascading prompts.
- Reduce network traffic by building network-friendly reports.
- Improve performance of reports.
- Report Authors with report building experience.
- IT professionals that want to learn how reports can affect their IT infrastructure.
- Business and IT management that need proof that reports can be built more efficiently.
- Participants should build Report Studio reports and should be comfortable with the basic techniques of report query building.
- Business or IT management participants should have been confronted with slow reports and eager to gather proof that reports can be improved.
- IBM Cognos 10 Overview.
- Changes to reports.