One of the most important drivers of businesses today is the collection and understanding of data. As the amount of data and its complexity increases, the challenge for organizations is to manage and get insight out of the available data. Data visualization is critical to make sense of data, make it understandable and make it easy to communicate.
This instructor-led training will focus on the different aspects of Data Visualization and its importance for your organization. An overview will be given on different ways to present specific types of data. A practical introduction will be given on Explorative Data Visualization and Dashboarding. Finally some best practices will be discussed.
- Get an introduction to Data Visualization.
- Learn about the value that Data Visualization brings.
- Understand the difference between the Data Visualization Use Cases such as Visual Data Exploration and graph augmented Reports/Dashboards.
- Understand how Data Visualization can optimize your past investments in traditional Business Intelligence.
- Definitions of Reporting, Dashboarding and (Balanced) Scorecarding.
- Compare the different players in the market and the different functionalities between the prominent tools (Explorative Analysis <> BI Reporting & Dashboarding). Different tools for different purposes.
- Get hands-on experience with Tableau, one of the leading Visual Data Exploration tools.
- Get a demo using Qlikview on Interactive Dashboarding functionalities.
- Explore data to give an answer to specific questions.
- Discover all the available graph types, subtypes and color options.
- Learn how to select the most appropriate graph types to make the data understandable and communicate your message.
- Get an overview of the best practices to visualize data.
1 day, one interactive module of ½ day on Data Visualization concepts and one hands on module of ½ day using Tableau for Visual Data Exploration
Current BI users wishing to unlock the value behind their data through Visual Data Exploration and to improve their ability to communicate insights though the use of powerful Dashboards.
Participants should have no prior experience
- Introduction to Data Visualization.
- Value of Data Visualization.
- Reporting, Dashboarding and (Balanced) Scorecarding.
- Translating Data into meaningful Graphs.
- Market overview of Visualization tools.
- Visualizing via Geographical maps.
- Best practices for Mobile Dashboarding.
- Dashboarding Demo with Qlikview.
- Explorative Data Visualization case with Tableau (hands-on exercise).
If you want to subscribe for a public training, please select the preferred date below.