This instructor-led training is designed to teach administrators the fundamental responsibilities of administering the server architecture and the BI content within an IBM Cognos 10 BI deployment. Not only will this course focus on the administration of the environment, but it will also explain how to monitor and keep the performance of an IBM Cognos 10 BI deployment at healthy levels to keep end-users satisfied.
- Understand and define the basic architectural principles of a scalable Cognos BI platform.
- Monitor system activity and system load in order to keep the IBM Cognos platform healthy.
- Understand the log files and how to use them in order to keep your platform healthy.
- Tune the performance of an IBM Cognos BI platform.
- Explain the basic principles of IBM Cognos BI security from the point of view of a technical administrator.
- Understand servers & networks with Cognos Advanced Routing Options.
- Understand the setup of the standard audit package of IBM Cognos BI.
- Create a working back-up.
- Experience the contribution of MetaManager® to the management of your IBM Cognos BI platform.
Administrators who are responsible for the daily maintenance and health of the IBM Cognos BI deployment.
- Basic experience with the maintenance of an IBM Cognos BI platform is an advantage though not specifically required.
- Basic experience with the content stored in a BI environment is required.
- An architectural understanding of the Cognos10 environment.
- Getting started and looking at the system activity.
- Understanding what goes on in your IBM Cognos 10 ystem and tuning IBM Cognos 10 parameters.
- Exporting or Importing a Cognos environment for move to production or backup/restore.
- Basic principles of Cognos 10 security.
- What can you do in terms of tuning.
- Understanding your servers and your network.
- Advanced Routing. 9. Cognos Application Firewall.
- Cognos Log files.
- Setting up Cognos Auditing.
- What can a third-party tool do for you as an administrator.
- The effect of virtualisation.
- What do you need to monitor your environment.
If you want to subscribe for a public training, please select the preferred date below.