Organisational sustainability: Key issues for boards
Board considerations for implementing sustainability frameworks
Sustainability has become inexorably linked to organisational success. Through building reputation, enhancing employee morale, and strengthening competitiveness, sustainability can create real business value. Today, shareholders and stakeholders of organisations of all types and in all industries are becoming increasingly active around sustainability.
In order to assist boards identify stakeholders’ sustainability concerns and priorities, and help plan and oversee the implementation of sustainability practices, Deloitte’s global network of sustainability professionals has identified some key considerations for organisations. This report examines questions directors may wish to ask themselves in order to better understand the key issues and solutions that organisations may wish to investigate.
This publication examines the top sustainability issues facing boards today including:
- The business imperative that makes sustainability a top boardroom concern
- Measuring the true value of sustainability initiatives
- The linkages between sustainability, strategy and risk
- Sustainability as a driver of innovation and growth
- Sustainability transparency and disclosure
- How boards can learn more about sustainability.