21 May 2012
In this week’s Tax highlights we feature:
- Living away from home allowance (LAFHA) reform: Exposure draft legislation has been released on the previously announced reforms to the fringe benefits tax treatment of LAFHAs
- Part IVA expert roundtable: The Government has established an expert roundtable to assist with the implementation of proposed amendments to clarify the definition of ‘tax benefit’ for the purposes of the general anti-avoidance rule
- Western Australian and Tasmanian 2012-13 Budgets: Tax-related measures announced include:
- Western Australia: a one-off rebate (in arrears) of payroll tax liability for 2012-13 for small businesses
- Tasmania: amendments to the conveyance duty rates and thresholds applicable to property transfers.
Plus we provide our synopsis of the latest tax-related cases, legislative developments, announcements, ATO information and releases, and international tax developments.