2007 Financial services global security survey
The fifth annual survey
The fifth annual Global Security Survey benchmarks IT security in the financial services industry. It reveals the “security paradox” – a situation in which business executives are becoming more aware of IT security issues, but support for a solution still lies with the IT department.
Findings of this year's survey include:
- 91 percent of participants are concerned about employee security weaknesses
- 79 percent of participants cite the human factor as the root cause of information security failures
- 66 percent of participants do not feel they should be accountable for protecting computers of customers who transact with them on-line
- 63 percent of respondents have an information security strategy
- 10 percent have information security led by a business line leader.
2007 Financial services global security survey (PDF, 1593KB)
Published November 2007