Identity theft in the public sector
Learning from the U.S. experience
Recent incidents have headlined the impact identity theft can have on government departments and agencies. Whether the loss or breach of personal information about patients, clients or benefits recipients, or the loss or breach of employee data, identity theft can lead to significant damages to organisational reputation.
This paper seeks to prompt organisations to reconsider their exposure to identity theft by question and example. It covers the following topics:
- why dealing with identity theft is critical to your organisation
- the ramifications of identity theft - a borderless crime
- the importance of being proactive to prevent reactive measures in the future
- the importance of knowing your organisation's risk
- how to take steps to reduce your organisation's vulnerability.
Download the full article below for more information.
Identity theft in the public sector (PDF, 1045KB)
A Deloitte US report