The 45 Degrees process
A breakthrough approach to safety
45° – The Business of SafetyTM uses qualitative and quantitative data analytics, multi-level workforce conversations and co-designed solutions to address the root – and often unknown – causes of safety-related problems.
Over the program’s six stages, Deloitte conducts workshops, facilitates employee collaboration and uncovers insights that help organisations understand and greatly improve workplace safety performance.
The six stages of 45 Degrees - The Business of SafetyTM
- Review systems, processes and safety data
- Conduct ‘intent workshops’ with representatives from the executive to the frontline
- Interview employees about workplace safety issues
- Analyse relevant organisational data to develop new insights into cause-and-effect relationships
- Lead co-design workshops that empower the workforce to generate creative ideas for solving safety challenges
- Test ideas and undertake a feasibility analysis
- Design and implement a solution
- Collect user feedback and relevant performance metrics
- Analyse relevant financial, operational and safety performance outcomes
- Conduct a ‘review and learning workshop’ with representatives from all levels of the organisation
- Develop a program for continuous improvement