Internal audit should be a change agent around governance, risk and control - helping management drive sustained performance by focusing on what must go right.
To achieve this goal and many others, the demands placed on internal audit functions have never been greater.
To help our clients address their challenges and gain the most from internal audit, we focus on understanding their environment and industry, advising on the specific risks, issues and opportunities they face on a daily basis through:
- A focus on ‘what must go right’, informed by an in-depth knowledge of our clients’ industry
- Benchmarks and insights drawn from our global network of internal auditors and proprietary material and models
- A platform to identify risks and controls with a new perspective through our philosophy of amplifying current risks, demystifying looming risks and anticipating future risks to build resilience
- A methodology that builds confidence that the controls of today are in place, and helps to build preparedness for controlling the risks of tomorrow.
Internal audit co-sourcing
Our team provides subject matter expertise and industry insights delivered through the flexibility of a co-sourced internal audit function. We offer this through:
- Teaming with our client’s in-house internal audit function to deliver ad-hoc projects and/or specialist reviews globally
- A range of services from IT audits and data analytics through to specialist support in areas such as treasury, cyber security, human resources, shared services and outsourcing
- Providing access to Deloitte’s global technical and industry knowledge and methodology.
Internal audit outsourcing
We offer subject matter expertise and industry insights to our clients who outsource their internal audit function. We provide these services through:
- Delivering an entire internal audit service that provides assurance over the full range of risks across our client’s organisation
- Offering a fully-variable, yet easily controllable cost base with no recruitment costs, along with further cost savings compared to an in-house function through improved productivity
- A structure that removes management and retention issues and in-house training issues
- Access to our wider organisation and specialists.
Internal audit transformation and quality assessment
We help our clients transform their internal audit function and its capability, enhancing the impact it can have on business outcomes and alignment to stakeholder expectations. We do this through:
- Our expert skills and experience undertaking robust and independent reviews of internal audit functions
- Implementation assistance for improvement recommendations
- Our proprietary survey tools comparing internal audit perceptions compared with the perceptions of stakeholders
- Contrasting organisational performance against annually updated external benchmark information using global public and private sector organisations analysed by industry.
Our approach is founded on providing assurance and advice over “what must go right“. This is significantly influenced by factors within our clients’ industry. We team according to industry so that our people truly understand the risks, issues and opportunities inherent for our clients, allowing them to provide genuine points of view and insight across Energy and Resources, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Public Sector, Consumer Business and Transport and Financial Services.