Gaining momentum: 2008 Energy & Resources Global Security Survey
The move to bring Information Security practices up to date has gained considerable momentum in recent years within the Energy & Resources sector. Whilst the challenge of information security is an ongoing one, some organisations still have a way to go relative to their peers.
Our survey results show that although information security is well embedded there is still scope for improvement in strategies.
- 70% of organisations have appointed one or more Chief Information Security Officers (CISO)
- 70% of these CISOs report directly to the C-suite
- Only half of the respondents believe their senior management demonstrate sufficient commitment to information security organisation
- Almost half of the organisations agree that institutions should be held accountable for the protection of their customers’ data
- 40% think that there is an above average threat of an email attack within the next 12 months
- Only 45% have a formal business continuity plan in place
- Almost all respondents say that the security of their specific industry control systems is critical to business success. Yet the majority of them have no programme in place to assess that security.
You can learn more about these issues and how they may be affecting your clients by downloading the first Deloitte Energy & Resources Global Security Survey