Partner, Risk Services
Tommy leads the Deloitte Risk Services Security team. Tommy and the team have recognised that any strategic digital play requires appropriate security as a foundation. His focus has been on providing practical and actionable Cyber Security solutions that embrace new technology in this digital age. The team are reshaping the way in which security is considered, embedded and embraced by organisations.
Tommy has more than twenty five years professional experience, providing specialist Security and IT risk solutions including Security Transformation services, Cyber Security and Identity and Access Management. He has served major local and global clients in a range of industries spanning Financial Services, Technology, Government and others. At the smaller end of the spectrum he has assisted a range of start-up organisations and smaller companies embrace the digital opportunities. His background in Risk Governance, Software Development and Technology allow for conversations from the Boardroom to the network.
Area of expertise
- Financial Services
- Public Sector
- Energy & Resources
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Business Unit – Enterprise Risk Services
- Banking and Securities
- Investment Management
- Real Estate.
Professional membership and qualification
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Zimbabwe
- Chartered Accountant (CA), November 1992
- University of South Africa: Bachelor of Computing Science Honours (B.Compt Hons)
- Information Security and Control Association
- Certified Information Security Auditor
- Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (Australia) (CA)
- Associate member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).