Mineral Resources Rent Tax
In conjunction with Deloitte’s specialist tax and economic teams we are able to provide an integrated assessment of the impact the Minerals Resources Rent Tax will have on a company’s operations.
We can assist clients by:
- Estimating the market values of the mining project interests for the purposes of establishing the starting base values
- Perform an assessment of the upstream and downstream assets and services to assist with attributing the FOB price into upstream and downstream components for the purpose of calculating mining revenue
- Assessing mining assets for potential impairment as a consequence of the introduction of the MRRT
- Determining key inputs into the MRRT assessment such as rates of return for downstream and upstream assets
- Estimating the value impact on the organisation as a whole.
We have recently assisted a number of large multi-national mining organisations in estimating the market value of its mining project interests and in determining and applying a robust methodology for assessing the revenue at the taxing point for the purposes of the Mineral Resources Rent Tax.
|Minerals resource rent tax
Energy and resources industry