Vendor assist services
What is vendor assistance?
Clients are increasingly seeking a wider range of value-added services to support the sale process. Deloitte has developed a separate vendor assistance service in order to provide a comprehensive offering to mitigate potential impediments to the sale whilst de-risking and shortening the transaction process. This can be either a precursor to a vendor due diligence or in some cases replaces a vendor due diligence, depending on the specific circumstances of the transaction.
Vendor assistance is the provision of any combination of a number of value-added services, including:
- Accounting advisory services
- Separation and carve out
- Preparation of data books
- Data room support
- Operational and commercial reviews
- Pensions and vendor assistance
- Project management
- Risk review
- Sale and purchase agreement advice
- Tax vendor assistance
- Vendor modelling.
What are the benefits?
The aim of vendor assistance is to provide ongoing support to a company that is considering the sale of all or part of its business. We are able to provide support in all areas including:
- Assessing whether or not the business or business units are ready for separation and divestment, following an initial diagnostic
- Identifying the major areas where separation activity is required
- Understanding the applicability of existing or past plans for proposed separation
- Working with the vendor to establish and execute a carefully coordinated operational carve out plan
- Providing assistance to prepare standalone financial information for the carved-out business, including tax and pensions information, that is robust and fit for a sale purpose
- Keeping control over the timetable at all stages of the project, including due diligence if vendor due diligence is undertaken
- Advising on best practice during a disposal process (for example. restrictions on communications with potential purchasers)
- Providing hands on support through all stages of the sale process, including bidder meetings, advice on the sale and purchase agreement and completion accounts.
For further information about vendor assist services, please contact a member of our Transaction services team in your location.