Deloitte offers a full range of services to support businesses in preparing to do a strategic deal.
There is no substitute for due diligence and careful planning and your Deloitte advisers can provide you with a thorough overview of your options and provide objective, value-focused recommendations.
We can help you assess the strategic options available to achieve your business objectives.
- We can identify and help short-list and select acquisition targets
- We can undertake a portfolio review to gauge your strengths and weaknesses
- We can outline and assess the potential implications, including the costs of separating part of your business as a stand-alone operation.
Acquisition and divestment readiness
- We can assess your readiness to execute an integration associated with an acquisition or a carve-out as a result of a divestment
- We can help you anticipate potential ‘Black Swans’ that could pose difficulties for your transaction, analyse your organisation’s capacity to deal with unforeseen circumstances and craft strategies for dealing with them .
Questions to ask before an acquisition
- What targets link to your overarching strategy?
- What are the risks and opportunities of the particular transaction?
- What are the crucial steps in the acquisition process?
- Are we prepared for the acquisition?
Questions to ask before a divestment/IPO
- Does our entire portfolio align with our strategy?
- What are the risks and opportunities of the particular divestment?
- What are the steps of the divestment process?
- Are we prepared to divest?