Completing the transaction is only part of the process. Following the closing, it is important to assess the impact of the transaction on your business.
Deloitte can help manage the appropriate steps after your transaction has closed.
Managing the transaction process
- We can establish a framework, governance model and coordinating process to manage the acquisition or divestment
- We can align the structure of your post-transaction business with your initial priorities to help maximise the value you derive from the deal
- We can help you deal with the consequences of any ‘Black Swan’ scenarios that may have arisen in the course of the transaction and provide you with an objective assessment of your organisation’s post-transaction capacity to withstand unforeseen events in the future.
Deal benefit realisation
- We can implement appropriate processes and controls to reduce integration risks and track the realisation of synergies.
Transaction effectiveness assessment
- We can analyse the impact of the transaction for you, using both qualitative and quantitative data to enable you to see the results your deal has delivered.
Questions to ask after an acquisition
- Are our integration activities being undertaken with the deal thesis/our priorities in mind?
- How do we drive and extract the benefits up to and beyond the deal baseline?
- How do we track and monitor the progress of the integration?
- How do we complete the required integration steps concurrently with managing the existing business effectively?
Questions to ask after a divestment/IPO
- Are our separation activities being undertaken with the deal thesis/our priorities in mind?
- Does the residual business have new requirements that need to be addressed?
- What are the improvement opportunities in the residual business?
- How do we track post-separation costs?