Partner, Deloitte Access Economics
Dr Ric Simes has extensive knowledge in public policy, governance, finance, econometrics, economic analysis and strategy. Ric has led numerous projects in the digital economy, financial services, climate change, energy, transport and water.
Dr Ric Simes, Director, PhD UPenn, MEc ANU, BComm (Hons) UNSW, FAICD has extensive knowledge in public policy, governance, finance, econometrics, economic analysis and strategy. He has held senior positions in the Commonwealth Treasury, academia, Prime Minister Keating’s Office and the private sector before joining what is now, Deloitte Access Economics late in 2005. Ric heads the Sydney Economic, Analysis and Policy Division and has led numerous projects in the analysis of planning and regional development issues, financial services, climate change, energy, transport, water and the digital economy.
Area of expertise
- Financial Services – Banking & Securities, Insurance, Investment Management
- Public Sector – Fiscal Delivery, Service Delivery & Innovation, Regulation and Resilience
- Manufacturing - Aerospace & Defense, Forest, Paper & Packaging (Process)
- Energy & Resources – Electric Power, Mining, Oil & Gas, Shipping & Ports, Water
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Consumer business – Consumer products; Retail, wholesale & distribution.
Professional membership and qualification
- Ph.D (Economics), University of Pennsylvania
- M.Ec, Australian National University
- B.Comm (Honours), University of New South Wales
- Affiliate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.