Partner, Financial advisory services
A partner in Deloitte’s M&A Corporate Finance group, Rob leads our Queensland Transaction Services team with almost 20 years’ experience originally in the banking sector before joining Deloitte.
Rob’s experience includes two years in the Deloitte London Private Equity Transaction Services as well as two years in the Sydney Corporate Finance team. Rob also leads the National Agribusiness Industry Group in Australia and is a member of Deloitte’s Global Food Value Chain Centre of Excellence.
Rob has considerable experience in corporate finance working with a mix of global and domestic clients including the public sector, large corporate entities and private equity firms. Rob can assist with transaction advice in a wide variety of roles including acquisition/pre-lending due diligence, vendor due diligence, vendor assist services, sale and purchase agreements and capital market transactions (Investigating Accountant).
Rob is the national lead of Deloitte’s Sale and Purchase Advisory team reviewing transaction documents for the accounting, financial and taxation implications. This includes completion mechanisms, definitions of key accounts, and warranties and indemnities, which have a direct impact on value.
With respect to his role as the National Industry Leader for Agribusiness, as well as having strong family ties to the Agricultural Sector, Rob has a Bachelor of Agricultural Economics degree and previously worked with the National Australia Bank and the Queensland Industry Development Corporation across Northern New South Wales, Central and Western Queensland within a range of industries including beef, wool, poultry, grains and cotton.
Since joining Deloitte Rob has advised a number of international Private Equity, Corporate clients and Sovereign Wealth Funds in their investments within the Australian Agribusiness sector as well as advising domestic operators with respect to capital raisings.
Area of expertise
- M&A Transaction Services
- Financial Advisory
- Retail, wholesale and distribution
- Shipping and Ports
- Real Estate.
Professional membership and qualification
- Bachelor of Agricultural Economics – University of New England
- Master of Commerce – University of Southern Queensland
- Master of Applied Finance and Investment – FINSIA
- Master of Business Administration – Brisbane Graduate School of Business (QUT)
- Advanced International Corporate Finance – INSEAD Executive Education (Europe campus)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia
- Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia.