Partner, Financial advisory services
Robin leads the Deloitte Brisbane Corporate Finance practice. He is a valuation specialist focussing on the infrastructure, mining and resources sector and has more than 24 years professional experience within the audit, corporate finance and valuation & strategy practices. He has a further three years’ experience as a director of an investment bank.
Robin has significant experience around valuations, due diligence and identifying and implementing value creating transactions. In particular, Robin has prepared numerous independent expert reports (IERs) and provided valuation advice to significant resource companies in respect of financial accounting (purchase price allocation and impairment analysis), Corporations Tax (tax cost base setting and thin capitalisation rules), Stamp Duty (land rich tests and dutiable amount determinations) and Minerals Resources Rent Tax (Valuation Point assessment and Starting Base valuations).
Robin is well accustomed to working at the most senior level with and around significant listed and private companies, Investment Banks, the Queensland Government and Treasury and executive management of Government Owned Corporations.
Area of expertise
- Oil and Gas
- Mining Mergers and Acquisitions
- Valuation Services
- Electric Power
- Shipping and Ports
- Strategy Services
- Financial Advisory
- Corporate Finance Advisory
- Mergers & Acquisitions Transaction Services.
Professional membership and qualification
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Affiliate, Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance & Investment (Finsia)
- US CPA qualifying examinations
- Member of the Queensland Exploration Council (QEC) and Chair of the QEC Finance Working Group.