Partner, Risk Services
Steve is a Partner in our Sydney Forensic practice. He is a qualified chartered accountant and registered company auditor with over 16 years of experience across audit, corporate finance and forensic disciplines. Steve has considerable experience in financial advisory services working with large corporate entities and private equity firms specialising in alternative dispute resolution on M&A transactions and auditor negligence claims.
With a prominent audit background, which also included two years as audit partner on a number of large Australian corporate clients, Steve has significant experience in advising on complex technical accounting issues such as revenue recognition, purchase price allocation, completion accounting, earn-out provisions and valuations.
Steve has provided written evidence in relation to the following types of matters:
- Auditor negligence claim on behalf of a multinational financial services business
- Auditor disciplinary action undertaken by ASIC and the Companies Auditors and Liquidators Disciplinary Board
- Evaluation of the financial performance and position of a professional services partnership on dissolution
- Warranty claims against the vendor of a multinational manufacturing business
- Disputes in relation to the application of completion accounting principles on M&A transactions
- Disputes in relation to the calculation of earnings under contingent purchase consideration arrangements.
Area of expertise
- Travel, hospitality and leisure
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- M&A Transactions Services
Professional membership and qualification
- Bachelor of Commerce, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Registered Company Auditor
- Associate of the Financial Services Institute of Australia.