Partner, Financial advisory services
Tapan is primarily involved in providing valuation advice to clients ranging from corporates to investors with respect to value issues related to mergers, acquisitions, disposals and restructurings. This advice can focus on deal assessment, cash flow growth and risk, valuation issues and benefits/disadvantages to stakeholders.
Tapan has more than 15 years experience advising clients on transactions including mergers, acquisitions, disposals and restructuring. Tapan’s particular specialism is providing advice on value related matters. This experience has included direct transactional experience in the UK and continental European markets. His recent experience includes:
- Independent expert’s reports in respect of proposed takeover offers for:
- RHG Limited
- Bravura Solutions Limited
- Kresta Holdings Limited
- Transfield Services Infrastructure Fund
- Cellestis Limited
- Aevum Holdings Limited
- Eircom Holdings Limited.
- Advice to the Board of Directors of a FTSE 250 company in respect of the value of its shares. The advice was provided in the context of buyout interest from a private equity firm
- Valuation and buyout advice to the majority shareholder of a nutritional health products retailer. The advice was provided to allow the majority shareholder to buy out the minority shareholders and take control of the business
- Valuation advice to the board of directors of a privately held audiology services business in the context of a potential disposal
- Valuation advice to the shareholders of a cancer treatment centre in Southern Sydney
- Independent valuation advice to the shareholders of two companies in the business services sector considering a merger of their respective businesses
- Acquisition support, including valuation advice, to a European apparel company with respect to the buyout of its Australian franchisee.
Area of expertise
- Consumer products
- Retail, wholesale and distribution
- Travel, hospitality and leisure
- Life sciences
- Health care
- Investment management
- Real estate
- Shipping and ports
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Financial advisory
- Corporate Finance Advisory
- Valuation Services
- Private Company Services
- Transfer Pricing.
Professional membership and qualification
- Bachelor of Business
- Masters of Commerce
- Member of ICAA (Chartered Accountant)
- Fellow of FINSIA.