Partner, Restructuring services
David has over 20 years of experience in insolvency and restructuring and his advice has been sought in the following areas of insolvency:
- Official liquidations
- Members voluntary liquidations
- Creditor voluntary liquidations
- Voluntary administrations and corporate receiverships
- Corporate closure
- Restructuring companies
- Viability reviews
- Pre-lending reviews
David is an Official Liquidator of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the Federal court and a registered Trustee in Bankruptcy. David has acted for major trading banks as a Receiver and Manager and has considerable experience across a number of industry groups.
David was appointed Provisional Liquidator of United Medical Protection Limited and its subsidiaries (UMP), Australia's largest medical defence organisation. The appointment involved restructuring UMP's affairs, with the company successfully emerging from provisional liquidation to set an Australian corporate law first. This appointment is Australia's only example of a successful turnaround in a formal appointment. The company is now successfully trading under the new boards set up by David as the Provisional Liquidator.
David has acted as an expert witness in a number of major pieces of litigation including Harris Scarfe, Emanuel, Primebrokers etc.
David was also appointed Inspector of the HIH Group by APRA and prepared a credible report which was praised by the Royal Commission and was used by The Commission as a "road map". He was also the first witness in the Royal Commission.
David was appointed Liquidator of Babcock and Brown Limited and after conducting an extensive public examination secured a substantial settlement. David was also appointed Administrator of Payless Shoes and Retail Adventures.
- Professional practices - legal and accounting practices, real estate agencies
- Manufacturing - metal trades
- Medical - pharmacies, medical clinics, hospitals, radiology etc
- Litigation support
- Investigations - company and special investigations.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Registered Liquidator
- Official Liquidator of the Supreme and Federal Court
- Registered Auditor
- President of the Australian Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround Association
- Trustee in bankruptcy
- Justice of the Peace.