Partner, Restructuring services
Tel: +61 7 3308 7279
Richard is a partner in the Restructuring services team based in Brisbane and he has over 20 years professional experience.
His main areas of work are:
- Corporate insolvency including voluntary administrations, receiverships, court liquidations and creditors voluntary liquidations
- Pre and post lending business reviews
- Viability assessments and advice (particularly for large supply contracts for the public and private sector)
- Turnaround and restructuring advice
- Members voluntary liquidations
- Cash flow and working capital management advice.
Richard has worked on a number of high profile and complex corporate failures including the South Burnett Beef Group (Murgon Abattoir), Sam’s Seafood Group, the Betta Stores Group and Westbus.
He is one of the joint liquidators of the Kleenmaid Group and the Asset Loan Group, one of the joint administrators of Congress Community Development and Education Unit (a diverse not for profit group) and one of the joint receivers and managers of the Riviera Marine Group and Chung Group (owner of Gold Coast commercial property).
Of recent times, his work in the insolvency area has centred around property, tourism, agriculture, education, aged care and software development businesses. Richard was also receiver and manager of the Denmac Group, a group of car dealerships west of Brisbane and Pars Ram Group, a diverse group covering food distribution, grain and pulse trading, travel and property.
Specialties and industry experiences are varied, but Richard’s particular specialties are:
- Agribusiness and primary production - including horticulture, beef processing and feedlotting, cattle farming, fishing and seafood wholesale/retail, supply to agribusiness, pig processing and piggeries
- Property - including commercial, industrial and residential development
- Retail - including franchising, and specifically electrical retail
- Tourism and hospitality - particularly student accommodation, backpackers and camping facilities.