Partner, Restructuring services
Tel: +61 2 9322 3765
Neil has some 20 years insolvency and reconstruction experience commencing with Touche Ross & Co then at Horwath Sydney, before the merger with Deloitte in 2007.
Neil has been involved in all types of external administrations, including receiverships, court liquidations and voluntary administrations with the objective of preserving businesses and maximising the return to creditors. Neil also specialises in pre-lending, investigatory and expert reports for financial institutions. As a strategic advisor to business, Neil has developed opportunities for companies to identify areas for improvement in operational and financial performance. He has acted as advisory to lending groups in relation to NPL’s in the South East region.
Recent assignments have allowed Neil to gain significant experience in resolving and administering cross border insolvencies and has worked on corporate assignments not only in Australia but in New Zealand, Thailand, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Japan.
Neil has conducted business investigations for banks and financial institutions and completed expert reports on company solvency for banks, lending bodies, Australian government authorities, creditors and for the Supreme and Federal Court of Australia. Neil also acts in conflicts as a mediator for dispute resolution and has obtained an in depth knowledge of personal insolvencies such as bankruptcies and other personal insolvency agreements. Neil is often found in the speaking circuit and currently provides training to lending and creditor groups in the areas of business recovery and insolvency.
Neil has specific expertise in the following industries:
- Construction and property development
- Heavy engineering and manufacturing
- Information technology
- Printing, stationery and publishing
- Hotels, pubs and leisure time
- Retail and distribution
- Travel and transportation.
Neil specialises in the following areas:
- Asset tracing
- Business investigations
- Corporate advisory and insolvency
- Debt reconstructions
- Debtor and creditor management
- Dispute resolutions
- Expert reports on company solvency
- Pre lending risk analysis
- Property and business workouts
- Strategic business management
- Voluntary administrations.
Qualifications and professional memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce (Double Major) Accountancy and Management studies
- Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Official Court Liquidator
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Member Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia.