Partner, Financial advisory servives
John is the Managing Partner of Deloitte in Queensland, a member of the Deloitte National Board of Partners and a Partner in the Restructuring Services team.
John has over 30 years professional experience in his practice area of corporate restructuring and insolvency. His skills and expertise centres around the rapid development and implementation of turnaround and restructuring plans, solvency advice to Boards and C-Suite level management, financiers and other key stakeholders.
John’s experience spans a broad range of industry sectors having led engagements across the country. Many of John’s recent assignments have commenced with an independent business review from which a recommended strategy is developed, socialised, agreed and then implemented. These have typically involved the divestment of businesses, in whole or part, and/or financial restructuring by means of a successful refinancing of the enterprise.
John has also undertaken numerous corporate insolvency engagements both complex and non-complex including voluntary administrations and deeds of company arrangement, receiverships and liquidations. This involves the development of strategies the objective of which is to rapidly maximise value and return to key creditors and other stakeholders.
Skills and expertise
John’s advice is regularly sought by key stakeholders in corporates in the following areas:
- Viability assessments and advice
- Cash flow and working capital management
- Turnaround and restructuring advice and implementation
- Independent business reviews and investigations
- Voluntary administrations & deeds of company arrangement
- Members and creditors voluntary liquidations
- Mining and mining services
- Health and aged Care
- Property and construction
- Tourism and hospitality
- Not for profit
Professional and academic qualifications/memberships
- Member - Turnaround Management Association
- Fellow – Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICA)
- Member - Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants
- Member - Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- Member - Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Registered and Official Liquidator
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
Major clients served
- Federal and State Government