Partner, Risk Services
Mark is a partner in the Risk Analytics team based in Sydney. Mark has over 20 years experience of using analytics to provide strategic and tactical insights across a range of industries and clients. Mark leads the national Risk Analytics team.
Mark specialises in using analytics to provide insight in support of risk mitigation, cost reduction initiatives, revenue assurance, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance (e.g. AML, FATCA), claims management and fraud detection and prevention.
By using analytics Mark can help clients identify transaction anomalies, recover financial leakage, highlight data integrity issues, provide investigation support and perform agreed on procedures in support of audit or compliance initiatives.
Mark and his analytics team perform:
- Cost savings through wastage, inefficiency and error via overpayments to suppliers and employees
- Data, system and reporting integrity reviews aimed at identifying any ‘gaps’ for downstream resolution
- Quantification of damage/loss in support of fraud investigations, disputes and/or valuations
- Appropriateness of use of key corporate data sources identifying information leakage and misuse of corporate information by non-authorised parties
- Identification of revenue leakage via incorrect customer billing
- Employee expenses analytics focusing on compliance and cost recovery
- Revenue growth via segmentation of customers to allowed enhanced marketing effectiveness
- Highlighting of data integrity issues that if not corrected will lead to inaccuracies and error thereby increasing the risk of bottom line deterioration and fraud.
Mark has experience across a range of industries and clients including Qantas, Downer EDI, Coates Hire, Goodman Group, AMP and ANZ.
Area of expertise
- Deloitte Analytics
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Enterprise Risk Services
- Indirect Tax.
Professional membership and qualification