In a time critical situation, will you make the right decision without an updated contingency plan? In preparation for those times, you should ask yourself:
- how would I value assets if their market dries up?
- should I revise my valuation or cap the value of deferred tax assets?
- under what circumstances would I need to protect unit holders by suspending transactions?
- when would it be fairer to increase the buy/sell spread rather than suspend transactions?
- are there any legal, operational or marketing obstacles that are preventing me from making quick decisions?
- am I ready to communicate my decisions to existing and potential unit holders to enable them to make sound decisions?
When the storm hits and you face difficult and critical decisions, you want to know exactly what has to be done to treat unit holders fairly and to protect your business and reputation.