Capital management breakfast
6 March 2008
The table below summarises the responses to the questions that were asked at our Capital management breakfast on Risk management, ratings and solvency on 6 March 2008.
The presentations attached below the table were discussed at the same breakfast, they are:
- Michael Vine's The importance of Enterprise Risk Management to Standard & Poor’s presentation. This belongs to Standard & Poor's
- APRA’s risk assessment model presentation by Maryanne Hinwood. This belongs to APRA.
There are too few responses to make the results a statistically significant measure of the state of ERM in Sydney, but they are perhaps of interest.
They are colour coded as is good risk management practice.
Some interesting points are:
- while senior management and the board are clearly committed to risk management, overall culture has not necessarily followed
- some organisations still need to formally implement their risk appetite
- some organisations think that they will never need outside assistance!
Page Last Updated