Private health insurance is taken up by nearly 50% of Australians. It is important for any insurer that their finances and products provide both security and value.
Deloitte Actuaries & Consultants and health care specialists are experienced at providing effective financial outcomes through a combination of sound logic and innovative thinking. Our experience includes:
- Product design and pricing – we advise insurers on design and pricing of health insurance products
- Capital management – whether proprietary or mutual, an insurer's capital stock is precious and must be managed effectively. Our combined ‘Commercial/ Technical’ capital management approach allows insurers to resolve some fundamental tensions
- Risk equalisation – we advised the DHA on both the 1999 and the 2002/3 rounds of reinsurance reviews
- Appointed actuaries – we have supplied appointed actuary services to both Australian and overseas insurers
- Redesign of insurance – Deloitte Actuaries & Consultants has the proven experience in redesigning health insurance models
- Hospital contracts – a crucial part of health insurers’ cost structure is hospital contracting. We can provide an unbiased ‘outside view’ of the financing implications, flow on to pricing, incentive effects and other outcomes of hospital contracting approach
- Merger/acquisition – we have advised on the purchase price and strategy for health insurers
- Market entry – we advised potential market entrants on opportunities and strategies.
A trusted advisor
Led by Stuart Rodger, our combination of actuaries and a network of experienced healthcare professionals allows us to add depth and value when serving our clients. Our functionally rich approach has enabled us to successfully manage health care initiatives in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.