Director, Actuaries & Consultants
Tel: +61 2 9322 3218
Kaise is a Director in our Actuaries & Consultants practice and has extensive general insurance experience in the Australian, New Zealand and United Kingdom markets. He has led a number of roles with responsibility for the provision of reserving, pricing and capital modelling advice to insurance and reinsurance businesses.
Kaise’s key strengths lie in communicating practical outcomes emerging from actuarial work to Management Teams and Boards.
He was named Actuary of the Year 2009.
Fulfilled Appointed Actuary roles for four entities at Munich Re and Great Lakes in Australia/New Zealand including:
- Advising Boards and Management on reserve recommendations
- Opining on Financial Condition of insurance and reinsurance entities
- Recommendations around asset liability matching
- Reviewing pricing process where relevant
- Reviewing of pricing for due diligence on larger or more complex deals.
Fulfilled a number of other responsibilities including:
- Expert witness in the Federal Court for Section 3A Scheme of Transfer (Munich Re America to Munich Re and Great Lakes Australian branches)
- Assisting Management with LAGIC and IPSA entity wide readiness
- Assisting Management with APRA and RBNZ regulatory dialogue around supervisory dispensations
- Contribution to local Business Strategy Meetings
- Developing exit strategies and commutations of insurance and reinsurance portfolios
Publications and Professional Involvements
Kaise is an active member of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia. He has presented papers to Actuaries Institute conventions and forums on a number of topics including:
- General Insurance Pricing
- Managing Across the Insurance Cycle
- Asset Liability Management
- Sustainability and Triple Bottom Line reporting
Kaise has served on a number of ICA and Actuaries Institute Committees and Working Groups. He is currently a member of the General Insurance Practice Committee, LAGIC Working Group and Risk Appetite Working Group. He has also served in the Institute’s Examination Boards and Education Council, acted as Assistant Chief Examiner for GI Specialist 3A and 3B subjects and was involved in revising the General Insurance textbook back in 2006.
Professional and academic qualifications
- Bachelor of Economics, Actuarial Studies (Macquarie University) with Honours.
- Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- Fellow of the New Zealand Society of Actuaries
Page Last Updated