Banks are facing many challenges in the competitive Australian financial services marketplace, including risks related to strategy, credit, liquidity, operations, interest spreads and market risks. At Deloitte, we apply our expertise, experience and deep industry knowledge of retail and business banking to help our clients better understand and manage risk as they develop and grow their business.
With an emphasis on quantitative modelling, we apply analytical rigour to areas such as:
Our close association with other parts of Deloitte, including our technology, strategy and operations and human capital practices, enables us to develop solutions that can be integrated across the banking enterprise.
We can help you
- Assess strategic options across the market, including growth opportunities in distribution and manufacturing
- Better understand the impact of regulatory changes, such as Basel II and III on banking capital and capital optimisation
- Embed risk appetite statements into banking operations for different risk categories (credit, market, interest, liquidity, operational and strategic risk)
- Overcome the challenges of keeping track of budgeting and forecasting in volatile markets with sophisticated analytical tools, especially in the areas of mortgage portfolios, earnings profile, capital usage, profit and customer segmentation
- Expand or rationalise banking operations through M&A activities
- Leverage data assets to drive customer retention and acquisition.