Associate Director, Actuaries & Consultants
Tel: +61 2 9322 5080
Peter qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia (FIAA) in 2009, and specialised in the field of Life Insurance. He joined the Sydney office of Deloitte Actuaries & Consultants in 2006 after graduating from The Australian National University.
As a member of the Financial Services team, Peter has experience in a wide range of areas including: traditional life insurance, wealth management, banking, and general statistical analysis.
Peter’s actuarial experience mainly covers work on actuarial valuations, independent reviews, and a variety of consulting style engagements. Example of practice areas include:
- Audits and independent reviews in the Financial Services industry
- Modelling using Prophet – the specialised actuarial software
- Merger and acquisition work, in a range of life insurance, wealth management and banking situations
- Building and updating of predictive customer retention models for mortgage broker groups
- Valuations, pricing and redesign of an Asian national health insurance scheme
- Business modelling projects, including projections of future expected revenue pools and market sizes
- Independent reviews of unit fund restitution methodology and implementation
- Long service leave liability valuations for both government and private sector firms.
The Prophet software package was originally developed by Deloitte in the UK, and Peter has extensive experience in its use. His knowledge and experience has been developed working with numerous major Australian Financial Services clients in Prophet related engagements. Areas of expertise include: refining existing Prophet models, creating new functionality and products, reporting on Embedded Value and Margin on Services, management reporting, and also runtime efficiency.
Peter has a Bachelor of Actuarial Studies with Honours from The Australian National University.