Partner, Actuaries & Consultants
Tel: +61 2 9322 7471
Rick has extensive overseas and Australian experience, and is recognised internationally for his work on capital modelling, regulatory systems and pricing and valuation.
Prior to joining Deloitte, Rick was a Chief Actuary at Bermuda Monetary Authority and has advised the World Bank and IMF on social security reform in the Middle East. Rick has served as Appointed Actuary for a range of insurers and reinsurers in a number of countries.
Rick’s primary focus is developing management information systems and integrating capital models into companies’ decision making. He has also advised regulators on actuarial valuation standards and capital model approval.
Rick is a qualified actuary (FIAA).
- Designed, implemented and reviewed internal capital models for a number of insurers and reinsurers
- Developed the Bermuda Monetary Authority’s process for approving internal capital models, and advised other regulators on capital model approval processes
- Re-valued a number of securitised U.S. sub-prime portfolios, and advised the Financial Stability Forum and regulators on appropriate valuation techniques for securitised financial structures
- Led team contracted to determine liabilities arising out of WTC (9/11)
- Lead advisor on a number of M&A transactions in a range of countries, involving valuation, vendor-purchaser and regulator negotiations and post-acquisition transformation strategies
- Developed the application of game theory to capital allocation and setting target returns on capital, and the use of extreme value theory to model operational risk
- Advised the Actuaries Institute on flood policy options
- Advised the Work Bank and IMF on social security reform in the Middle East.
Rick is a frequent conference speaker and been a member of a number of international and national committees and has published on a wide range of topics.
Page Last Updated