Manager, Actuaries & Consultants
Telephone: +61 3 9671 6152
Len is a Manager working within the wealth management and superannuation practices of Deloitte Actuaries & Consultants. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia. Len has been with Deloitte since February 2008 and has a range of experience in traditional and non-traditional aspects of actuarial consulting. The range of engagements Len has been involved with includes:
Traditional actuarial consulting
- Life insurance prudential capital standards (LAGIC)
- Modelling and capital reserving of operational risk reserve
- Assisting employers understand the process for converting defined benefit arrangements into defined contribution (accumulation) arrangements.
- Assisted in the target market and growth strategy review for a private equity firm seeking to expand into operations within the Australian wealth management and superannuation (pensions) industries
- Pre-due diligence of a wealth management organisation
- Assisted a mutual organisation to develop its retail investment strategy and to identify operational cost savings.
Superannuation service provider reviews and selections
- Assisted Australian and international superannuation funds review their service providers, including benchmarking of costs, fees, services, capabilities and performance standards
- Assisted Australian and international superannuation funds conduct a tender for their service providers, including administration services, investment management, group insurance, custody services and full-outsourced solutions
- Assisted a range of large corporate superannuation funds manage the transition from a standalone arrangement into a multi-employer fund.
- Assisted the corporate regulator to develop disclosure guidelines for investment risk within superannuation
- Assisted the Cooper Review to develop costings of default superannuation products
- Conducted research to explore the impact of scale in superannuation costs and net investment return.