In the current economic climate, optimising working capital levels is key for companies to maximise cash resources. Reducing excess inventory levels will assist in driving increases in cash within the business but how do you do this without destroying value?
Too much inventory but don’t know where to start?
The volumes of data that organisations generate can make it difficult to analyse and understand which products are either producing the best returns or conversely which are tying up badly needed cash. In today’s climate we are seeing changes to consumer’s buying practices which requires companies to be more agile to better understand the impacts on their inventory stockholding and future buying patterns.
Do the following questions apply to your business?
- Do you carry a broad range of products in your business?
- Do you find it difficult to identify your best and worst performing inventory lines?
- Are you experiencing unintentional stock outs?
- Are you unsatisfied with the quality of the inventory data generated by your system?
- Is your current analysis of inventory time consuming?
- Do you find it hard to determine the relationship between buying, selling and stock holding patterns?
If you answered yes to any of the above you should consider talking to one of our lazy inventory experts.
We can perform an in depth analysis on your inventory to determine:
- Product lines where inventory lines should be reduced
- Return on investment for all product lines
- Trends in sales mix and how these impact on your current and future inventory mix.
We will provide a tailored report together with a list of recommendations covering inventory stockholdings that should be reduced, sales mix trends and improvement opportunities. We can then provide an ongoing analysis to you on a monthly basis using our dashboard reporting tool.