Treasury and Capital Markets specialists
In recognition of the complexities of AASB 139, Deloitte has a dedicated Treasury and Capital Markets, whose sole focus is to assist organisations to practically deal with the interpretation, documentation, valuation and accounting entries required by the standard. We provide our clients with a practical, prompt and efficient resolution to the issues that can arise from new financial instruments standards.
Our specialist team provides:
- AASB 139 and IFRS 7 implementations
- Secondment of specialist staff to cover year end requirements, resignations and special projects
- Treasury audits, both internal and external
- Treasury SOX implementation, testing and audit
- Due diligence in the area of financial instruments and the impact they might have on earnings
- Accounting advice
- Treasury system implementation
- Treasury accounting outsourcing
- Financial risk management over policies and procedures
- A strategic approach to managing financial risk
- Modelling and valuation of complex financial instruments using Bloomberg, Fincad and propriety models.
We have developed a comprehensive range of tools and resources to assist in implementing AASB 139 which include:
- Derivative questionnaires that assist in identifying transactions that fall within the scope of AASB 139
- Embedded derivative questionnaires that assist in identification
- Hedge accounting policy templates
- Hedge documentation templates
- Hedge effectiveness models, (matched terms, dollar offset, regression and volatility reduction)
- Valuation models (for all common derivatives and many exotic instruments)
- Training (we have one, two and three day training courses on AASB 139 as well as freely available e-learning).
Contact our team to find out how we can help you.