Acquisition accounting assistance
Helping you put the pieces of the puzzle together
Acquisition accounting assistance (AAA) is typically needed in the transaction execution and integration stages of a transaction.
Failure to fully consider the impact of the AAA throughout the due diligence and integration stages may result in:
- Unexpected earnings charges or adjustments to
- Assets or liabilities not previously disclosed to board committees and/or the market
- Inability to fully capitalise on available tax benefits
- An incomplete data set from which to appropriately price the transaction
- Difficulties in managing the requirements of internal and external stakeholders including shareholders, management, auditors and regulators
- Execution and reporting issues, including unforseen integration costs
Additionally, a number of specific issues affecting the various parts of the AAA puzzle - accounting, valuation, tax/legal, project management and integration – need to be considered and resolved.
Let us help you put the pieces of the puzzle together.
Deloitte has significant expertise in dealing with your issues and helping you overcome them. Our AAA team provides:
- Significant AAA experience across large and complex transactions in a range of industry sectors
- Proven methodologies and expertise in identifying and valuing intangible assets
- Strong ties to global technical valuation, tax and accounting resources to leverage from experiences in other markets such as the UK and US
- An ability to agree methodologies and approach for contentious issues up front with your auditors
- Significant experience in liaising with key internal and external
- Stakeholders to ensure timely communication of issues and results
Contact us to find out more.