Western Australian Stock Exchange Index
Welcome to the 117th edition of the Deloitte WA Stock Exchange Index (Deloitte WA Index), a monthly review of Western Australian (WA) stocks and indices.
- The market capitalisation of WA listed companies which comprise the Deloitte WA Index increased by 1.5% during the month of February 2012 to a close of AU$168.3bn
- An increase in oil prices assisted Woodside Petroleum Limited increase its market capitalisation by 8.9% during the month, allowing the oil giant to reclaim the number one ranking in the Deloitte WA Index from Wesfarmers Limited, who fell 4.0% during the month
- ‘Miners need to prepare for rainy day as perfect storm confronts the sector’ – feature article by Tim Richards, National Mining Leader
- Movers and shakers for the month were:
- Papillon Resources Limited who increased its market capitalisation by AU$96m (56.4%) to finish the month at AU$267m
- Buru Energy Limited who posted an increase in market capitalisation of AU$135m (42.0%) from AU$321m to AU$456m
- Alkane Resources Limited who increased its market capitalisation by AU$82m (32.3%) to close at AU$336m.
If you have any questions in relation to the Deloitte WA Index please contact Elizabeth Humphryson.