Western Australian Stock Exchange Index
Edition 125 | 31 January 2013
Welcome to the 125th edition of the Deloitte WA Stock Exchange Index (Deloitte WA Index), a monthly review of Western Australian (WA) stocks and indices.
- The Deloitte WA Index started the year on a positive note, increasing 3.2% during the month to close at AU$153.3bn
- Strengthening commodity prices have contributed to the much needed recovery of the WA mining industry, especially after a less than resilient end to the 2012 calendar year
- International financial markets surveyed also achieved solid growth in January, the Nikkei being the standout performer with an increase of 7.2%, its best monthly performance in 15 years
- Movers and shakers for the month were:
- Coal of Africa Limited, whose market capitalisation increased by AU$122m (64.9%) to finish the month at AU$310m
- Base Resources Limited posting an increase in market capitalisation of AU$73m (55.3%) from AU$132m to AU$205m
- Azimuth Resources Limited, whose market capitalisation increased by AU$49m (49.9%) to close at AU$146m.
If you have any questions in relation to the Deloitte WA Index please contact Marta Klimczak.
Lead Audit Partner