Western Australian Stock Exchange Index
Edition 126 | February 2013
Welcome to the 126th edition of the Deloitte WA Stock Exchange Index (Deloitte WA Index), a monthly review of Western Australian (WA) stocks and indices.
- Despite mining equities being impacted by weak commodity prices, the Deloitte WA Index closed the month of February at AU$156.6bn, an increase of 2.1%.
- Growth was driven by the release of solid financial results during the December 2012 reporting season, and an overall improvement in investor confidence globally.
- The month of February witnessed a dampening across the majority of commodity prices surveyed, with industrial metals amongst the poorest performers.
- Movers and shakers for the month were:
- Range Resources Limited, whose market capitalisation increased by AU$60m (49.0%) to finish the month at AU$183m
- Iron Ore Holdings Limited, posting an increase in market capitalisation of AU$57m (42.3%) from AU$136m to AU$193m
- Central Petroleum Limited, whose market capitalisation increased by AU$63m (36.2%) to close at AU$236m.
If you have any questions in relation to the Deloitte WA Index please contact Marta Klimczak.
Lead Audit Partner