Western Australian Stock Exchange Index
Welcome to the 118th edition of the Deloitte WA Stock Exchange Index (Deloitte WA Index), a monthly review of Western Australian (WA) stocks and indices.
- Despite the decline in major commodity and precious metal prices during March the value of the Deloitte WA Index rose by 0.3% to close at AU$168.9bn.
- March 2012 has seen a modest performance by the Australian stock market, with the All Ordinaries reporting month-on-month growth of 0.7%.
- Movers and shakers for the month were:
- Buru Energy Limited which increased its market capitalisation by AU$299m (65.6%) to finish the month at AU$754m
- Rialto Energy Limited which posted an increase in market capitalisation of AU$89m (48.4%) from AU$183m to AU$272m
- New Standard Energy Ltd which increased its market capitalisation by AU$70m (48.3%) to close at AU$216m.
If you have any questions in relation to the Deloitte WA Index please contact Elizabeth Humphryson.