The Deloitte Australian Banking Technology Report 2012
Shining the way
The future of technology is on
The second annual edition of the Australian Banking Technology Report focuses on three themes: customer centricity, operational excellence and the use of data to make fact based decisions. In each article within those sections, we articulate the issue and consider some solutions – always with a view to what’s different, and where the value can be gleaned.
What’s it all about?
The current environment for banks is really complex. There is a lot more to do and to invest in than in previous years, and a lot less to invest with. Hence the sense for CIOs to have to turn on the head of a pin, keep the lights on, and shine the way! We consider ways to better manage:
- The future of technology is on
- Personalisation: the new ‘black’ and the new battleground
- Embrace the swarm
- The future of payments
- Can you do business with me?
- Cloud computing: reaching out to customers in new ways.
- Efficiency through tech innovation: look to the disrupters
- Counting the cost: decommissioning legacy.
- Big data isn’t large but can satisfy the profitable middle ground
- Your top-line growth sits in your bottom-line
- Making information pay its way
- Should finance be the transformation tsar?