Western Australian Stock Exchange Index
Edition 122 September 2012
Welcome to the 122nd edition of the Deloitte WA Stock Exchange Index (Deloitte WA Index), a monthly review of Western Australian (WA) stocks and indices.
- The month of September has seen a steady recovery in global markets, with improved investor confidence due to positive Chinese and US economic data
- The Deloitte WA Index has increased by 2.0% during the month of September 2012, with market capitalisation of WA listed companies closing at AU$142.8bn
- The US S&P 500 outperformed the Deloitte WA Index, reporting month-on-month growth of 3.4%
- Movers and shakers for the month were:
- Sirius Resources NL whose market capitalisation increased by AU$249m (104.4%) to finish the month at AU$488m
- Mincor Resources NL posting an increase in market capitalisation of AU$66m (60.3%) from AU$109m to AU$175m.
- Papillon Resources Limited whose market capitalisation increased by AU$160m (58.1%) to close at AU$435m.
If you have any questions in relation to the Deloitte WA Index please contact Marta Klimczak.