7 February 2012
In this week’s Tax highlights:
- Parliament resumes 7 February: Parliament will commence its Autumn Sittings this week, and has listed a number of significant Bills scheduled for introduction during these Sittings.
- In the latest ATO News: The ATO has released:
- Draft Tax Determination TD 2012/D2 which sets out the Commissioner’s preliminary views as to the circumstances in which a beneficiary of a trust estate can reasonably be expected to receive a share of the net financial benefit referable to a capital gain made by a trust estate, if the capital gain made is not “established” until after the end of the income year
- Minutes of the National Tax Liaison Group Fringe Benefits Tax Subcommittee meeting held on 10 November 2011. Some of the issues discussed included the format of electronic employee declarations, credit card processing fees, airport car parking, living-away-from-home allowances and overseas remote and non-remote locations under fly-in/fly-out arrangements.
- Superannuation: The Treasurer has announced a new Superannuation Roundtable to consider ideas raised at the Tax Forum. The first stage of work for the Roundtable will be to examine better ways to target and deliver superannuation concessions.
Plus we provide our synopsis of the latest cases, rulings, tax-related announcements, ATO information and releases, and international tax developments.
Read and download 'Tax highlights' in PDF format below.