Western Australian Stock Exchange Index
Edition 123 October 2012
Welcome to the 123rd edition of the Deloitte WA Stock Exchange Index (Deloitte WA Index), a monthly review of Western Australian (WA) stocks and indices.
- The Deloitte WA Index continued its upwards trajectory during October, increasing 1.8% during the month to close at AU$145.38bn
- Global indices, however, experienced a mixed month during October with investors remaining cautious on the back of the announcement of China’s GDP data for the September quarter, which was released during the month
- The majority of commodities surveyed fell during October, with iron ore the notable exception with a price increase of 14.5%.
- Movers and shakers for the month were:
- Aspen Group, whose market capitalisation increased by AU$101m (99.4%) to finish the month at AU$203m
- Marengo Mining Limited, posting an increase in market capitalisation of AU$63m (52.4%) from AU$119m to AU$182m
- Central Petroleum Limited, whose market capitalisation increased by AU$84 (44.7%) to close at AU$270m.
If you have any questions in relation to the Deloitte WA Index please contact Marta Klimczak.