Oil & gas reality check
Top 10 issues for 2010
Deloitte’s Oil & Gas Industry Group has released a summary of key issues facing the oil and gas sector in FY 2009-10. The ten issues highlighted in the Deloitte “Oil and Gas Reality Check” include:
- carbon reduction
- the cash crunch and its effect on supply
- elevated expenses squeezing margins
- the challenges to reaching and extracting oil reserves
- alternative energy strategies
- regulatory complexity and the requirements for robust processes in
- global operations
- talent shortages
- the pace of mergers and acquisitions
- access to resources across borders
- occupational health and safety.
The report provides strategic advice for companies grappling with significant changes to the market, whether their most immediate or consuming issue is positioning for a carbon restrained future, the need to reduce costs, gain access to cash or oil reserves.
While recognising that management’s focus will vary according to individual company circumstance the report focuses on what companies should consider in laying the foundations for ongoing growth given the longer term fundamentals of supply and demand. It points out that current market conditions hold potential opportunities for astute companies, particularly those with access to additional funding.
To read Oil & gas reality check, download the attachment below.
Media Release : Oil &Gas: Top 10 issues for FY10
Page Last Updated