Western Australian Stock Exchange Index
Edition 121 August 2012
Welcome to the 121st edition of the Deloitte WA Stock Exchange Index (Deloitte WA Index), a monthly review of Western Australian (WA) stocks and indices.
The month of August has witnessed the Australian economy remain relatively positive despite the growing concerns over the energy and resources sector.
The Deloitte WA Index has increased by 0.2% during the month of August 2012, with market capitalisation of WA listed companies closing at AU$140.0bn.
- The All Ordinaries outperformed the Deloitte WA Index, reporting month-on-month growth of 1.2%.
- Movers and shakers for the month were:
- Sirius Resources NL whose market capitalisation increased by AU$161m (207.1%) to finish the month at AU$239m.
- Integra Mining Limited whose market capitalisation increased by AU$145m (49.2%) from AU$294m to AU$439m.
- Base Resources Limited whose market capitalisation increased by AU$55m (40.7%) to close at AU$191m.
If you have any questions in relation to the Deloitte WA Index please contact Marta Klimczak.