||Adelaide GST Forum
||Thursday, 16 May 2013
||4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
11 Waymouth Street,
|Speakers and hosts:
||Mark Reuter, Partner Deloitte
Theresa Myburgh, Account Director Deloitte
|Food and beverage:
||Snacks and drinks
Tel: +61 08 8407 7652
||Thursday, 9 May 2013
We would like to invite you to our next quarterly GST forum at which we will inform you of recent developments in GST and address topics relevant to your business. Due to the school holidays in April, the forum has been rescheduled to take place in May.
Our agenda for the May session will include the following topics:
- GSTR 2013/D1 – adjustment notes
- When must we issue adjustment notes?
- GSTD 2013/1 – when a payment for a supply fails, is a failed payment fee charged by the supplier consideration for a supply?
- Duoedge Pty Ltd v. Leong & Anor – Victorian Supreme Court case
- The importance of GST clauses in agreements
- Draft correcting GST errors determination – CGSTE 2012/D1
- Can I correct an error identified in my next BAS or do I have to make an adjustment to a submitted BAS?
- Bayconnection Property Developments and Commissioner of Taxation
- Was an enterprise being carried on?
- Cyonara Snowfox Pty Ltd v. Commissioner of Taxation – Full Federal Court, 4 December 2012. Interesting court case highlighting GST issues such as:
- The margin scheme
- Going concern provisions
- The Commissioner’s entitlement to recover GST liabilities and the four-year period.
If you would like any other topics to be discussed, please email your suggestions to Theresa Myburgh.